Search this site
- Instructor Certification Renewed!
- Instructor Certificate Expired
- CHL Classes in 2014?
- Whoopie! I Got a Hater!
- Government Shutdown?
- Four-Hour Texas CHL Class Bill Passed
- Looks Like Campus Carry Won’t Make it This Year
- Blog Migration Complete
- “Coverage” by El Paso Times on Pending Campus Carry Bill
- U.S. Senate Defeat of Manchin-Toomey-Schumer
- Campus Carry
- Changes in the CHL Program?
- Special NRA Basic Pistol Class in East Texas
- Campus Carry — is the 3rd Time the Charm?
- The Beginning Prepper’s Guide to Firearms is Published!
- Thomas Harkness on Four-Hour Texas CHL Class Bill Passed
- Thomas Harkness on Blog Migration Complete
- Need Better Healthcare? You may have to pay for it directly! on How to Get the Best Deal on Health Care
- Thomas Harkness on Open Carry in Texas?
- Thomas Harkness on Looks Like Campus Carry Won’t Make it This Year
I got my 2014-2015 instructor certificate in the mail on Tuesday, so I'm back in the CHL business. Sort of. Read more [...]
I finally got a response from DPS on my certificate renewal application. They said that they never got the range test form that I submitted to their site twice and emailed them twice. I emailed it again. While I was preparing to also FAX it, re-submit it to their website, and mail a physical copy via registered mail (and repeat daily), I got an acknowledgment that they had received it. That was late last week. I have not received anything further from DPS, so, as of today, my instructor certificate Read more [...]
There have been over 50 different changes in CHL law effective September first of this year, and that required a substantial re-vamping of the CHL program. For starters, the classroom portion is now a minimum of 4 hours (not including break time, so the real minimum is about 4.5 hours). That alone required a complete re-write of the course curriculum. Read more [...]
I got a one-star review on The Beginning Prepper's Guide to Firearms! Gary Mendelblatt, who lists himself as "Dad, Husband, Golfer, Friend" left this rambling, almost incoherent review: Read more [...]