Search this site
- Four-Hour Texas CHL Class Bill Passed
- Looks Like Campus Carry Won’t Make it This Year
- Blog Migration Complete
- “Coverage” by El Paso Times on Pending Campus Carry Bill
- U.S. Senate Defeat of Manchin-Toomey-Schumer
- Campus Carry
- Changes in the CHL Program?
- Special NRA Basic Pistol Class in East Texas
- Campus Carry — is the 3rd Time the Charm?
- The Beginning Prepper’s Guide to Firearms is Published!
- Open Carry in Texas?
- CHL Class at a Private School
- Empty Ammo Shelves at WalMart
- An Open Letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein by a Marine
- A New Year? So what?
- Four-Hour Texas CHL Class Bill Passed on Looks Like Campus Carry Won’t Make it This Year
- Thomas Harkness on “Coverage” by El Paso Times on Pending Campus Carry Bill
- Eddie Mapp on Bing is the new Google?
- The Beginning Prepper's Guide to Firearms - Just published! - DFW Preppers and Survivors on Newsletter Sign-up
- Thomas Harkness on CHL Class at a Private School
It appears that as of September 1st, 2013, the Texas CHL classroom requirement will be reduced to 4 hours. Read more [...]
John Whitmire (D-Houston), the chair of the Criminal Justice committee, has decided he will not allow SB 182 to be considered at this time, using the lamest excuse I've seen in a while, even from a Democrat. He cited the recent mass shooting incidents in Connecticut and Colorado as the reasoning for this decision, something the majority of Texas Senators would consider a good reason for passage of the bill. Read more [...]
You may have noticed a few glitches in this site today. I fumbled a bit with the migration to a new host, and I took the site down quite a bit longer than I had planned. More than once, as it turned out. However, on my third try, everything went through without a hitch. I'm not really understanding why I had so many problems on the first two attempts. Read more [...]
The first thing in the "coverage" that caught my eye was a blatant falsehood: "The misdemeanor violation could -- but it's not automatic -- cause violators to lose their license." Read more [...]